Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Sløtface - Sponge State EP


My work week started a day late as I was bike camping for a few days.  In looking through my library of new music to jump start my energy to professional level, I chose Stravanger, Norway four-piece Sløtface.  Formerly known by the somewhat less marketable name "Slutface", the band's sweet spot spans punk pop to noise pop, characterized by a knack for uplifting melodies and a big dose of youthful energy.  Their latest offering is the Sponge State EP, which is out now via Propeller Recordings, and the four tracks proved the perfect way to start my day.  The EP begins with the most punk-oriented offering, "Get My Own", and then slides into three perfect, uptempo guitar pop songs, including the two I've provided below.  Get to know Sløtface, it is like legal drugs.




Sløtface are Haley Shea (vocals), Lasse Lokoy (bass), Halvard Skeie Wiencke (drums), and Tor-Arne Vikingstad (guitar).

Facebook
Twitter
Propeller Recordings


No comments: