Thursday, June 7, 2012

"La Nostalgie De La Boue", new demo from Edinburgh School for the Deaf


Long time readers of WYMA are aware that I am a big fan of Scottish band Edinburgh School for the Deaf.  I ranked their 2011 debut album, New Youth Bible (review here), ninth in my year end list, and profiled their spring single "Orpheus Descending/Orpheus Ascending".  The band has lost one member and gained two since those recordings.  I understand that they have been working on new material and will play in at least one summer festival.  The band recently shared a demo of a new song.  It starts out softly, but builds in classic ESFTD fashion.





Since some of you may not have been readers in the first half of last year, here is one of my favorite songs from New Youth Bible, "Love Is Terminal" --



The band's current line up is Aggie, Alex, Ashley, Grant and Jamie.

Website
Blog
Twitter ( @ESFTD )

No comments: